Top 100 Reasons I Need A GMail Account

Every time I think of a new reason, I'll blog it here.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Reason #25

My twenty-fifth reason talks about searching. Both Outlook and Hotmail tried but failed to implement useful searches. Outlook had good intentions offering the ability to search with multiple parameters on multiple fields but after a few thousand messages in my account, it is deathly slow and hangs the program. Hotmail on the other hand didn't try that hard at all, with their extremely limited Find feature which only allows searching on either the entire message or the From/To/Subject fields. Personally I want something like what Windows Explorer does, searching on key fields, with date ranges, and thankfully GMail provides this ability, with the added bonus of being able to exclude keywords. With GMail, my searching woes would be over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home